So week one has come to a close of my 60 day challenge and I have to day, I’m tired. I’ve gained 3 pounds, and I just want to take a nap, like all day long. But I’m not giving up! According to Beachbody.com you gain weight when you start working out for one of 4 reasons. One of which is water weight due to inflammation because of the micro-tears your muscles go through when you work out. Once the inflammation goes down, you will lose the weight. You can also be eating the wrong things because working out, you get hungrier than normal, and may be reaching for the wrong foods. Which isn’t my problem. I am eating about 1500 calories a day and working out for an hour each morning.
I’ve started to do P90X, and a week in, my body is sore! But I’m going to stick to it, and I know my body will get stronger. I’ve taken 32 years to put on this weight, and let my muscles take the back seat to fat cells, and I’m ready for them to switch roles. And no you are NOT seeing my before pics until I have some awesome after pics to compare them to.
Bogey loves when I’m on the yoga mat. He thinks it’s cuddle time.
I also had my first massage last week, with a gift certificate I had won, and it was amazing! (I WILL go back!) I learned a lot about my body too, which parts could use more work, why my back gets tight when I get anxious, and how my hips need some work, my bones are being weird and probably because of my weight. I carry my weight in my hips and backside. So I’m getting fit for my health.
So far this week, (5 of the 7 days)
- Every morning I drink a glass of hot honey lemon water.
- Eat a bowl of oatmeal with Almond milk for my pre workout carbs.
- Workout! (P90X – following the schedule for “P90X Lean”)
- Eat 200 calories of protein, either scrambled eggs or a protein shake.
- Set a goal to accomplish something around the house and do it.
- Try to eat more protein and veggies than carbs for my other meals.
- Track my meals with the “Lose It” app.
- Take a multi vitamin with dinner.
- Brush teeth and wash face before bed!
- Get 8 hours of sleep!
Note: These are ALL things I did not do before so positive results are expected to come!
These are habits I’m starting to grow into, and I want to keep them for the rest of my days.
Progress to come!